US SECRET POLICE EPISODES

t byfield tbyfield at panix.com
Mon Jun 14 06:38:09 PDT 1999

> Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 19:59:50 -0700
> From: Sam Pawlett <rsp at uniserve.com>
> Subject: Re: US SECRET POLICE EPISODES

<...>

> administration? The paramilitary right has made in no secret that they
> would like to see Billy leave the White House feet first, for the usual
> reasons; refusal to invade Cuba, soft on China, submitting to the

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i just thought it's be worth pointing out in this context what a canard this 'soft on china' stuff is wrt clinton. watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat:

(1) ca. 1974 appointed second head of the contact office

established in beijing by nixon and kissinger so as

to circumvent the 'foreign policy bureaucracy'; while

in this position, oversees programs involving secret

transfers of military technologies, sensitive intel-

ligence, preferential and exceptional trade arrange-

ments, etc.

(2) head of the CIA; reputation as a 'china hand'

(3) vice president for 8 years

(4) president for 4 years

grrrrrrrowl. this CV ain't clinton's. between 1974--just three years after the US and the PRC established relations--and 1992, senor bush senior was in an excellent position to decisively shape much if not most of US china policy. and now the repuglicans want to hold mr. bill's feet to the fire for this all?

cheers, t