kelley on katie roiphe

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at tsoft.com
Tue Jun 15 09:00:43 PDT 1999

In message <19990615150221.90103.qmail at hotmail.com>, Jane G*** <janeg555 at hotmail.com> writes

After all, you seem to have trouble believing that a boy can rape. Do tell, what is the magic age at which they acquire this capacity?

Obviously no girl or woman is safe from the evil that lurks behind every zipper, struggling to be free, no matter how tiny it might appear at first or second or third or fourth glance. We all know full well that in this case little evils get to be big ones all too soon.

Something has to be done about these vicious little creatures before they can grow any larger, and I for one, am all for nipping them in the bud. I admire the British people and their stalworth government for their valiant stand, bent on stamping out this threat. Here, here!

Of course, my interest was peaked by Jim Heartfield's posting and I was wondering if anyone in the court room noticed what the children were coloring?

I can only hope in more progressive court rooms here in the United States, psychiatrists, social workers, prosecutors and the press would be eager to peruse the idle works of these idle but vicious little hands.

I think of course, that we here in the States need to be much more vigilant than we have been, despite the good intentions of the Hyde/McCullom house bill that Michael Hoover forwarded yesterday.

After all, a three decade long reaction to the moral lassitude of the Sixties, when sexual assaults of all manners, rape and pedophilia were the order of the day. Now days, we can hardly make up for the damaged lives left in the wake of those terrible years. I can only take refuge in the thought, that I at least have done my part to make up for that tragic lapse my otherwise spotless history of moral purity. I am equally certain we are at long last headed in the right direction on these matters.

I have some personal experience with these moral struggles even though I am not a religious person. After recovering from the flower child years, I decided that my son would never be exposed to those terrible deprecations of the spirit. Starting from his earliest years, my dearly departed wife and I, gave our son his nightly bath. We washed him very vigorously with strong laundry soap, a brush and cold water, paying particular attention to his private parts--most particular attention. I should note, however, that my wife was more reluctant than I to apply these measures. She had a some what fragile spirit and was too easily distracted by our son's cries and whimpers. I don't mean to brag, but I believe I was much more vigorous than she, in my scrubbing, rooting out the filth hidden in his childish loins.

I believe this regime has proven most effective in riding the very young male body of its proven tendencies toward vicious sexual assaults and other impure impulses. Should you ever have male children, I would highly recommend it.

Chuck Grimes