Bring In the Nuns

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Thu Jun 17 08:45:22 PDT 1999

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Max B. Sawicky wrote:

> > Word: mp3
>
> I hadn't thought of converting it. How much smaller
> would it be, roughly? And what's the best (free, natch)
> program to do it?

Depending on the .wav file, you can get up tp 10:1 compression. I'm a newbie at this stuff myself, but I've been using a borrowed version of AudioCatalyst. You can get demo versions of this but my friend paid for the full version. Go to download.com and search on mp3 to see what's available.

> It's hard to find good, illegal mp3's. All you get are
> porn sites, or stuff from unknowns.

I know, piracy just ain't what it used to be...

Joseph Noonan jfn1 at msc.com

If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution.

-Emma Goldman