wow!

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Jun 18 09:57:23 PDT 1999

kelley wrote:

> the assumption that i'm a non-marxist. well whatever....

I am willing to be convinced otherwise -- that is, convinced that you are a marxist who simply disagrees with me on most issues of marxism. But

I admit a wide variety of marxist positions -- even pragmatic marxists though my personal opinion is that pragmatism is the most dangerous of the anti-marxisms. But I do expect (1) a marxist to show some familiarity with elementary marxist terminology and (2) some awareness of the sharply differing positions on many issues within marxism. Your post showed neither feature. (Your remarks on "productive" and "non-productive" labor were simply gross.)

Carrol

P.S. Posts are regularly fwd from one list to another without ordinarily checking with the originator. I would never of course fwd a private post to anyone.

P.S. 2: And of course "progressive" is a useful catch-all term which includes most varieties of marxist and many non-and anti-marxists within its scope.