Unemployment 4.2%

Greg Nowell GN842 at CNSVAX.Albany.Edu
Fri Jun 18 11:54:39 PDT 1999

When my best friend and I worked at Bullock's in 1972 in one of Calif's early malls he was assigned the job, in the slow moments, of cleaning the light bulbs (which had to be replaced every 3 mos or so in any case). What's so demeaning about that? -gn.

Carl Remick wrote:

> > Overwork is at
> > least as much a
> > feature of U.S. economic life as is unemployment.
>
> Absolutely -- not to mention the utterly nonsensical and/or demeaning
> nature of so much work people are compelled to do.
>
> Carl Remick

-- Gregory P. Nowell Associate Professor Department of Political Science, Milne 100 State University of New York 135 Western Ave. Albany, New York 12222

Fax 518-442-5298