katie roiphe

kelley d-m-c at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jun 20 09:56:05 PDT 1999

Carrol Cox chastised impatiently:

>Kelley, when you can allow more world views than a pure Platonic
>Realism and a Pure Empirical Positivism, I will resume this
>discussion.
>
>Carrol

carrol, i was simply doing precisely what you did to me. you wanted empirical evidence that eros/thanatos [and presumably ego, superego, id, ego ideal for those concepts are traditionally attacked in the way you attacked eros/thanatos] exists. i gave you an example of what is taken for granted and often not doubted--the existence of such a thing as society to show you how the same question you ask of freudian theory can be asked of marxian theory. again, i'm not being a snotty smartass turning the tables just to show you up, though i am doing so to make a point--which i'll elaborate later.

i'm going fishing.

[maybe i'll leave a stinky fish under my neighbor's car, eh carrol?]

but i don't think i'll use your bait!

more anon lovelies, kelley

“touch yourself and you will know that i exist.” ~luce irigaray