proletariat, accumulation, crisis/jim o'connor

rc-am rcollins at netlink.com.au
Tue Jun 22 07:19:59 PDT 1999

Jim O'C wrote:

>The story gets more complicated
>when we consider the movement of relative surplus value, created the
>workings of the system as a whole, in the 1980s and 1990s -- but here again
>it seems that the production of more relative surplus value, far from
>solving the problem of overproduction, exacerbated it -- as suggested by
>the "financial crisis" in Asia, underneath which as over-production of the
>type you get in a world with export-led economies.

it still baffles me: why is there a shift to forms of relative sv at the end of the 20thC?

(btw, I think _accumulation and crisis_ is right up there in marxist analyses, especially in its conception of the relation between forms of class composition and disorganisation and capital accumulation and crisis. the kind of work that's integral to political activism and the continuing relevance of marxism. - I don't often heap the praises, but I make an exception for an exceptional work.)

Angela --- rcollins at netlink.com.au