Fwd: KPFA arrests ongoing

Michael Hoover hoov at freenet.tlh.fl.us
Wed Jun 23 14:59:43 PDT 1999

> It's time to clean off that Phil Ochs record which has "Love me, love me,
> love me, I'm a liberal."
> Carrol

reprised a few years ago by Jello Biafra and Mojo Nixon with 'upscaled' verses:

I cried when they shot John Lennon Tears ran down my spine And I cried when I saw 'JFK' As though I'd lost a father of mine But Malcom X and Ice-T had it coming They got what they asked for this time

Love me....

I go to pro-choice rallies Recycle my can and jars I'll honk if you love the Dead Hope those funny grunge bands become stars But don't talk about rebellion That's going a little bit too far

Love me....

I cheered when Clinton was chosen My faith in the system reborn I'll do anything to save our schools If my taxes ain't too much more And I love blacks and gays and Latinos As long as they don't move next door

Love me...

Rush Limbaugh and the LAPD should all hang their heads in shame I can't understand where they're at Arsenio should set them straight But if Neighborhood Watch doesn't know you I hope the cops take your name

Love me..

Yeh, I read the New Republic(an) Rolling Stone and Mother Jones too If I vote it's a Democrat With a sensible economy view But when it comes to terrorist Arabs There's no one more red, white and Blue

Love me...

Once I was young and had an attitude Stickers covered the car I drove in Even went on some direct actions When there weren't rent-a-cops to be seen Ah. but now I've grown older and wiser And that's why I'm turning you in (gee, JB & MN's liberal does the thing that Ochs' liberal did...as the ubiquitous they say, scratch the skin of a liberal and find a conservative underneath)

So love me. love me, love me, I'm a liberal!

Michael Hoover