katie roiphe

Jane G*** janeg555 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 24 08:19:42 PDT 1999

> Rape is a criminal offence. To commit a rape, you must be
>criminally culpable. If (horrible offensive image for which I do
>apologise) an animal were to sexually impose itself on a person
>then it would be wrong to say that the animal had raped the
>person.

My point is simply that Miss Roiphe is not reasonable, that she does not know what she's talking about. As a corollary, I found that your remarks concerning feminism and sexual assault exhibited similar characteristics. They continue to, insofar as we pretend that the criminal culpability of animals is in any way relevant to that discussion. Because somewhere, a bad law has been passed that puts kids in kiddie jail for hitting their sisters, you have decided to buy a whole host of misinformation about the problem of rape, and about the aims of feminists? I would need great assistance following you through that labyrinth of reasoning, were it the basis for your opinions. But it's not, is it? And so, if you will not tell, then we are left at this impasse. Katie Roiphe is a twit who knows nothing; you, her defender, seem equal to her.