[Fwd: Re: Chinese labor]

Sam Pawlett rsp at uniserve.com
Thu Jun 24 14:43:12 PDT 1999

Max Sawicky wrote:

> . . .
> Listening to the radio one day I found the station of one of the huge
> U.S. military bases just outside the city...complete with syndicated
> Rush Limbaugh, *** hillbilly music *** . . . "
>
> *** Say what?

Ha. I meant *commercial country music*. Didn't mean to offend any populist sensibilities out there. On the topic, I once counted over 120 branches of N.American and European banks in Panama City (pop. 2 million). Many American soldiers[some of whom participated in the invasion of Panama] told me stuff like "these people are lazy and stupid. All they do is sit around all day getting drunk and dancing to salsa music. Check out that freak over there with the giant lizard on his shoulder." I bid them a prompt good-bye. It was nice to speak english though.

SP