What is the interest of bondholders?

Juan Jose Barrios jota at netgate.com.uy
Mon Jun 28 08:51:41 PDT 1999

Returns on assets depend on the interest they pay plus the value of the asset should youwant to sell it. Bondholders (correct me if I am wrong) usually are long term players, while currency and stock holders are more short-term guys, who play with the *value* rather than the *interest rate* they get.

In other words, bondholders may well want higher interest rate because they probably want to keep the bonds instead of selling them.

Juan