Operacija Potkovica claimed systematic

Enrique Diaz-Alvarez enrique at anise.ee.cornell.edu
Mon Jun 28 06:07:22 PDT 1999

Chris Burford wrote:

> Seized Serb documents link Milosevic to mass killings
>
> John Sweeney in Pristina
> Sunday June 27, 1999
> The Observer
>
> Hundreds of documents uncovered after the Yugoslav army retreated prove
> that the ethnic cleansing of Kosovo was meticulously planned and ordered
> from Belgrade.

Mr. Sweeney reports as fact information for which the only source is NATO and the ELK. Particularly since it seems that he hasn't actually seen the documents, and is simply taking a NATO spy's word for it.

"There is no single 'smoking gun', but it is understood that, taken together, the documents will enable war crimes investigators to nail dozens of army officers and police commanders to massacre sites."

Ho ho ho. "it is understood". I remember when you could buy a Spanish edition of Pravda back in the 80s. Lot's of hilarious stuff like that.

All in all, another appalling piece of propaganda disguised as journalism. Western media has not bothered to even maintain an appearance of propriety in this splendid little war.

-- Enrique Diaz-Alvarez Office # (607) 255 5034 Electrical Engineering Home # (607) 272 4808 112 Phillips Hall Fax # (607) 255 4565 Cornell University mailto:enrique at ee.cornell.edu Ithaca, NY 14853 http://peta.ee.cornell.edu/~enrique