Kissinger on humanitarian war

Enrique Diaz-Alvarez enrique at anise.ee.cornell.edu
Mon Jun 28 09:49:11 PDT 1999

bill fancher wrote:

> To me, the most puzzling aspect of all this is that "the left" believes
> U.S. media coverage favored NATO. That was not my impression. I've since
> heard it claimed that, in fact, Serbian propaganda recieved more airtime
> than NATO propaganda did. This seems to be supported by the fact that
> only 40% of the public believes NATO "won" in Kosovo. Where is FAIR?

Maybe Yanks aren't quite as stupid as their media thinks. NYT, CNN, the Post, and the rest have been repeating the "NATO victory" mantra pretty much non-stop since the end if the bombing. Perhaps the lesson to be learned by the spinning community is that, to be effective, propaganda needs to be a touch more subtle. This is what FAIR thinks:

http://www.fair.org/international/yugoslavia.html

-- Enrique Diaz-Alvarez Office # (607) 255 5034 Electrical Engineering Home # (607) 272 4808 112 Phillips Hall Fax # (607) 255 4565 Cornell University mailto:enrique at ee.cornell.edu Ithaca, NY 14853 http://peta.ee.cornell.edu/~enrique