Those who've read Mike Davis's City of Quartz will recognize the name...

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Mon Mar 1 16:53:24 PST 1999

alexlocascio at juno.com wrote:

> <Horace Tapscott, trombonist, pianist, composer, arranger,
> founder of th Pan Afrikan Peoples Arkestra, and community activist
> died Sunday morning February, 28th only hours before a concert in
> tribute to his life

That is awful, awful news. I haven't read City of Quartz, but there's a small contingent of us here in Minneapolis who were hoping to bring Horace here someday to play. His solo piano work seems to channel the universe (really the only way I can put it). I'll definitely include a few things from the "Tapscott Sessions" LPs when I DJ next week - a small tribute.

--

/ dave /