PR!

Michael Hoover hoov at freenet.tlh.fl.us
Mon Mar 1 17:22:13 PST 1999

> Once again I'd like to mention a book that I think is worth reading.
> It's called PR! A Social History of Spin by Stuart Ewen.
> If anyone has read this book and has any comments I would love to read
> them on LBO.
> Tom L.

haven't read above but have read several others by Ewen...you might check out _Captains of Consciousness: Advertising and the Social Roots of the Consumer Culture (1976) and _All Consuming Images: The Politics of Style in Contemporary Culture_ (1988)...he also co-authored with Elizabeth Ewen _Channels of Desire: Mass Images of the Shaping of American Consciousness_ (1982)...Elizabeth Ewen also wrote _Immigrant Women in the Land of Dollars_ (1985)...

Ewen's used to engage in a bit of guerrilla advertising with a project they called 'Billboards of the Future'...Michael Hoover