in the news

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Mon Mar 1 18:00:35 PST 1999

Marta Russell wrote:

> This is preposterous, the disabled are the lower class. We are 50% more
> likely to live in poverty than nondisabled people and have an unemployment
> rate of 66%.

Preposterous? I don't think so. Poor people can be contemptuous of other poor people, especially when those poor people are people of color.

The problem is that both groups of people are have a great of in common. They are not, and should not see themselves as being in an antagonistic relationship. -- Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University Chico, CA 95929

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu