The Presence of Absence

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 1 21:57:09 PST 1999

Hey Gang-sters

I thought I missed two things that should have been big news on the business pages today.

First, the effect of Japan repatriating cash, and being absent from bond offerings, which I imagine has SOMETHING to do with bonds being trashed.

Secondly, RealNetworks, our WebActive pinko software pals, had a big day on Wallstreet, up nearly 20%, yet after spending 5 hours cruising the financial sites, I could only find this fact prominently displayed over at ZD's finance page.

Doesn't this ideological blackout(I guess) point to inefficiencies in financial reporting?

Dazed=pms