Hitchens on homophobia

gloriA digloria at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 2 04:24:41 PST 1999

>This is pretty much in line with the take in David Buss's *The
>Evolution of Desire*, is it not? Do you agree with the approach taken
>therein?
>

>Bill

hi bill,

well i guess you've seriously misread me or i've seriously written me--probably both. but NO--emphatically--this is not what i'm saying. i'm attributing this to socially structured gender inequality/oppression. This would be a long standing tradition within the sociology of families/marriage/love ad naseum. what i read of buss's stuff in the popular press made me nauseous--in an existential sense. bleh.