Pray tell, how do you do it? Isn't this Butler's subjection ?

Thu Mar 4 06:26:12 PST 1999

Isn't this a form of Judith Butler's subjection as discussed in _The Psychic Life of Power_ ? Self-check, social control by one watching Big Brother instead of Big Brother having to watch one.

Charles Brown

>>> Jacob Segal <jsegal at mindspring.com> 03/04/99 12:38PM >>>
During a republican convention my mother and sister, progressives but not that involved politically, noted that they keep watching the convention despite finding it annoying and that they were getting addicted to being annoyed.

I said that is how I live my whole life.

Jacob Segal