Michael Moore's Awful Truth

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 4 11:09:36 PST 1999

C. G. Estabrook wrote:

>On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Max Sawicky wrote:
>
>> It's almost time to lay odds that Hitchens does a Horowitz.
>>
>> mbs
>
>There's a bet I'd take in a minute.
>
>Horowitz abandoned his politics because some of the people he thought were
>friends were thugs. Hitchens holds onto his politics, and he's told he
>should be quiet about political thugs who happen to be friends.

Yeah, I gotta say that while I don't approve of Hitchens' going to the impeachment managers, and his approving comments about the guy he oddly calls "Judge Starr," he mainly hates Clinton for the right reasons and not the wrong ones. Bob Fitch, who knew Horowitz well back when they were both at Ramparts, is full of stories of what a scumbag Horowitz was even when he was a "leftist."

Doug