Horowitz's center

Sam Pawlett epawlett at uniserve.com
Thu Mar 4 17:02:52 PST 1999

> Only thing of his I've read is Forbidden Knowledge (1996),
> an examination of whether there are some avenues of inquiry that
> humankind simply should not pursue.

Very interesting indeed. But why are the avenues that should not be investigated? Too frightening e.g. the movies The Fly and Altered States? Took Dr. No a bit too literally? Can be used for repressive purposes e.g. nuclear fission, tesla technology, human genome project? I don't know, J.B.S. Haldane used to drink hydochloride acid. This led to his pioneering work on human blood. What happens when you go beyond good and evil? Some people are willing to sacrifice themselves on t he alter of truth and knowledge.

the horror, the horror,

Sam Pawlett