Death Penalty

MScoleman at aol.com MScoleman at aol.com
Sat Mar 6 16:42:31 PST 1999

I believe the first part of this was written by Yoshie (please forgive me if this is an incorrect attribution) and the second by Max.

<< > . . . with race, and you get an argument that death penalty is

a method that benefits the ruling class by turning the white

working class into a Lynch Mob and away from Organized Labor &

Social Welfare. >

The race thing don't cut it. Blacks support capital punishment.

And white workers are not a lynch mob for wanting to see executed

those who commit heinous crimes.

In New York State the vast majority of inmates on death row are white males. The reason for this is that in New York City, where most of the inmates are black, the District Attorney's Office has systematically NOT pursued the death penalty even where it is applicable under the law. However, upstate where the District Attorney's are Republican and in favor of the death penalty, it has been applied within the law, and since most of the upstate criminals are white, which makes sense since most of upstate New York is white, the criminals on death row are white. Just thought I'd throw in a little statistical money wrench. maggie coleman mscoleman at aol.com