Guthrie to Maggie and Max

MScoleman at aol.com MScoleman at aol.com
Sat Mar 6 17:48:59 PST 1999

In a message dated 99-03-05 11:02:45 EST, Max writes in part response to Carroll Cox:

<< One can hold up for criticism the way the death

penalty is employed, or more comprehensively the

system that uses it. But this, much like Yoshie's

argument, concedes the moral question. Which is

it? Is it wrong as matter of principle, or merely

a bad political influence or inefficiently and/or

unfairly exercised?