polemic

Sun Mar 7 15:36:53 PST 1999

Oh yea, that. Can you say that at your lecture ? (and a little more) ?

No, don't say that. Tell them there is progress going on on this list you have organized, even in some of the stuggles. Seems to me this medium allows people to "yell" at each other without the same antagonism as face to face. So you end up with a kind of unity of differences. In this medium, I seem to be able to stay connected more with people who I have had real differences with. Does this make me a pluralist ? A sado-masochist ? Am I really trying to get at the truth ?

Charles Brown

Charles Brown wrote:

>Ever noticed how e-mail threads that are polemical go more than others ?
>Without struggle there is no progress. Contradiction underlies movement.

It's debatable whether such longevity is a sign of progress, or just pleasure in the fight.

Doug