polemic

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Sun Mar 7 19:45:59 PST 1999

On Sun, 7 Mar 1999, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> On good days, polemics make for a delightful mix of the Epic Theater that
> produces alienation effects and the Theater of Cruelty where bodies without
> organs collide one another with electric charge.

Sounds like an episode of Halflife I played the other night, where these ninja assassins sent by the military to exterminate the science personnel kept wiping me like a sponge. Finally I figured out how to ambush them with a satchel charge. One of their skulls bounced off the wall like a soccer ball. These newer videogames are so ugly, they're beautiful. Now I know what the Vietcong in the delta must have felt like when they dusted a Huey with a surface-to-air missile.

-- Dennis (a nonviolent person, actually)