Steinem on CIA

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Mar 9 06:09:01 PST 1999

Henry C.K. Liu wrote:

>Steinem was reported in Fortune in 1975? that she accepted CIA money to attend
>left/radical conferences worldwide in the 60s to monitor for the CIA.

Oh yes - I just got a copy the infamous suppressed chapter on Steinem from the Redstockings' Feminist Revolution, which Random House forced them to drop from the published version of the book under threat of lawsuit from Steinem. Steinem threatens to sue anyone who writes about this. I was just wondering how widely known this all is in 1999.

Doug