Steinem on CIA

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Mar 9 08:59:30 PST 1999

William S. Lear wrote:

>Could you please expand on the "list of liberal foundations that
>laundered CIA money"? Anything current or otherwise of general
>interest?

I scanned a useful chart that names names and posted it to the LBO website at <http://www.panix.com/~dhenwood/CIA_wheel.html>. It originally appeared in the WashPost in 1967, and was reprinted in William Blum's Kiling Hope. To avoid copyright problems, there's no public link to the page, so you can only get there by clicking on that link or typing the URL. I had to blow up the graphic so it'd be legible on the screen; the .gif is about 260k and takes some time to download.

Of course that's all ancient history. The CIA doesn't do that sort of thing anymore, ha ha ha. Actually the National Endowment for Democracy does a lot of that kind of work now - one of those open secrets the USA specializes in.

Doug