Crimes of Unreason

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Tue Mar 9 23:45:43 PST 1999

> It's astonishing to see that some who say that they are leftists seem to
be able to muster more outrage against individual murderers than crimes of the State and Capital against people, including an immense number of murders, to say nothing of how normal and legal workings of capitalism maim and kill the working class.

> Yoshie

There's nobody like that here. I be surprized to learn of anybody on this list with any partiality towards capital punishment who has devoted the slightest bit of time to that cause, other than e-mail speculations, whereas the entirety of my time is about the other stuff, for the past 30 years. In fact, I wouldn't even be going on about this, but for the fact that goofy equations between depraved murders, factory owners, and the Mayor of New York just make what I try to do more difficult. The problem is, people mistake you for me, so when they see me, they expect you. And I have to waste time explaining the difference. Or that I know the difference between a guy who runs an unsafe factory, and someone who walks through a Long Island Railroad train, shooting people dead at random. (Hint: the difference is not that one is innocent and one isn't.)

mbs