Our little "summitt"

Tom Lehman TLEHMAN at lor.net
Sat Mar 13 14:24:17 PST 1999

Dear Doug and the LBOers,

The Lorain County AFL-CIO through our community services program held today what will probably be the first of our Social Security "Summitts". The "Summitt" was held in the UAW union hall on Lowell St., Elyria across from the closed GM Fisher-Guide plant.

My congressperson Sherrod Brown was the keynote speaker.

Before the festivities started Sherrod remarked to me that he had received my email the other night. I just looked at him and said, "Bombs Away!" Sherrod had wimped out on the issue of sending American troops into Serbia(Kosovo)---he voted present---which I think was a mistake on his part. He should have voted NO! Of course I see where such leading "leftists" like Beanie Sanders and Dennis "the menace" Kuchinich voted Yes on sending in American troops.

Meanwhile, Sherrod is hanging tough on Social Security. He opposes any and all forms of privatization including investing the trust fund in the stock market. He also realizes and is quite eloquent on all of the health care issues and their relation to Social Security.

Your email pal,

Tom L.