School vouchers

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Wed Mar 17 08:39:30 PST 1999

The big problem with school funding and the one that no politician wants to touch---is tax abatement!

In Ohio billions and billions of dollars in property taxes which would have gone to schools have been abated in the name of economic development. Even your mom and pop corporations want tax abatement.

I've got some figures based on a mid-90's audit of school funding in Ohio, I'll have to dig out and post.

The excuse the corporation usually gives is, if you don't give it to us some other place will.

Your email pal,

Tom L.