Brad, Oskar, Noam

Seth Ackerman SAckerman at FAIR.org
Thu Mar 18 13:23:08 PST 1999

True. But Chomsky's point was to show the rather monolithic opposition to those social democratic policies among U.S. policymakers and pundits. Accidental and transitory agreement between the two sides for short-term tactical reasons are -- as others on this list would say -- on a lower level of abstraction.

(Also, as someone who follows press coverage of this stuff pretty closely, I have to say that mainstream opposition to European social democracy comes pretty close to 100%, especially in the last few years.)