Three Strikes and Out

Michael Hoover hoov at freenet.tlh.fl.us
Sun Mar 21 05:51:14 PST 1999

> You've exceeded the 3 post a day limit. If this is your first warning,
> please control your posting urges; if this is your second warning, you're
> about to be hauled before a tribunal that will judge your fate.

I intentionally posted a fourth message to lbo today because I wanted to see if I would receive above admonishment...I have in the time that the list has been up and running received 2 prior notices when I accidentally went over limit, but I wondered if said limit had been abolished given number of posts that some listers send a day...so, unless lbo is running a multi-tiered system of justice (some people are sent the above and others are not) I demand the following:

that henceforth violators of the 3 post a day limit face severe consequences after inital warning - first time/one week suspension, second time/two week suspension, third instance/lifetime ban...it is high time that repeat offenders be dealt with severely, after all such behavior is a moral or psychic defect in the individual person and most cannot be rehabilitated as the wanton and willful disregard that some have shown for the above reproach proves...therefore, punishment must be both harsh and certain to deter others from committing similar transgressions...if Doug Henwood (who does not lead by example on this matter, but hey, it's his list) does not have the fortitude for the job, I volunteer to be 'keeper of order' (and I want that title)...

as the asst. principal of my high school remarked when he told me to get a hair cut, 'if we don't have rules like this, there will be a bunch of woolly bears running around here"....wiser words were never spoken...as evidence that I am suitable for the job, I will take as my first course of action the permanent removal of Max Swicky...I will do so not because of Sawicky is icky (which he is, but as someone recently pointed out, there are no political prisoners in the US) but because his name routinely appears in my header index 6, 8, 10, 12 times a day...now, I have the option of simply deleting his posts (which I do) but his open display of contempt for the list's daily post limit is cancerous...such vermin must be stopped...awaiting word on whether or not to assume my duties, Michael Hoover

ps: Sawicky and his ilk should count themselves lucky that I am 'civilized'...in colonial times, capital punishment was imposed for anti-social behavior which included cursing ones parents and being a rebellious child...

pss: unless my demand is met, I will hold my breath until my face turns blue and then you will really sorry...