Christ Rock Slams Kazan

Gar Lipow lipowg at sprintmail.com
Mon Mar 22 08:40:46 PST 1999

"Nathan Newman" <nathan.newman at yale.edu> wrote on Sun, 21 Mar 1999 21:38:39 -0500

>Just caught Chris Rock presenting at the Oscars. In his intro to a "sound effects editing", he took the chance to tell the following joke:

>"Controversial Oscar night..We've got the Kazan thing. Robert DeNiro is
back stage and they had to keep him away from Kazan, since we all know DeNiro hates rats."

>Rock Rules!

Yeah -- he also pointed out the small number of black and large number of white faces in the audience. "It looks like the million white man march out there". You are right. Chris Rock rules.

I thought it was a dirty shame that DeNiro actually presented Kazan with his Oscar. At least Nick Nolte and Ed Harris folded their arms.

Now that the tradition has been established, I suggest that next years lifetime achievement award should go to Leni Riefenstahl ...

- --Nathan Newman

------------------------------ -- Gar W. Lipow 815 Dundee RD NW Olympia, WA 98502