Junk Econometrics [was School vouchers]

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. rosserjb at jmu.edu
Mon Mar 22 09:26:06 PST 1999

I would agree that cointegration is currently considered to be somewhat more advanced and sophisticated than Granger tests. I would say that they are subject to most of the same limitations that Granger tests are. One thing that they avoid is that they are not labeled with a philosophically loaded and provocative name like "causality" which has caused more trouble and fuss over the Granger tests than they are worth. Barkley Rosser -----Original Message----- From: JayHecht at aol.com <JayHecht at aol.com> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Sunday, March 21, 1999 5:08 PM Subject: Re: Junk Econometrics [was School vouchers]