Kazan/HUAC

Sam Pawlett epawlett at uniserve.com
Wed Mar 24 07:10:45 PST 1999

> There was the <expletive deleted> Third Period of the Comintern, during
> which it was policy to turn all energies to fighting the social
> democrats--the "social fascists"--and leave fighting the real fascists
> until later. The hope was that the fall of political democracy would
> redound to the benefit of the Communists, rather than the fascists...
>
> And then there was the period between August 23, 1939 and June 22, 1941...
> Which one of the Hollywood Ten was it who wrote _Johnny Got His Gun_ as
> part of a campaign organized from Moscow Center to try to keep the U.S.
> from aiding Britain against Hitler?
>
> I think that the only three groups of people deserve credit for being the
> "main force against fascism": Winston Churchill and his circle, who pushed
> Britain into guaranteeing the integrity of Poland and then going to war
> against Hitler when he attacked Poland;

Winston Churchill supported Greek fascists in their war against the partizens who had fought the Nazis. Churchill decided not to liberate Spain from fascism. The people who deserve credit for destroying fascism are the men and women who actually destroyed fascism, not blowhard imperialist crypto-fascists like Churchill.

Sam Pawlett