Kazan/HUAC

Gary Bramstedt gbfoto at best.com
Thu Mar 25 10:48:18 PST 1999

>Recently I've began to wonder if part of the reason the right-wingers
>were so down on the Left/"Commmies" after WW II was because
>Russia/Communists were the main force against fascism for more than a
>decade before HUAC, compared to our industrialists/media that were
>enthralled with Hitler et all...
>
>glb

Thanks to all of you that responded to my above posting; excellent information spread amongst differing viewpoints.

There was some mention of the "Hitler-Stalin Pact":

"Well, the Molotov-von Ribbentrop (Hitler-Stalin) Pact triggered a pretty major split on the Left around much of the world and certainly in the US..."

...but what about the "Hitler-Chamberlain Pact" aka "Munich"? Weren't (Czechoslovakian?) assets frozen in England around that time unless they accepted Hitler's demands? I ask because I only have limited info...

Also:

"Others (like the Russian political leaders) were eager to send Hitler as many raw materials as possible and conduct propaganda campaigns to undermine his enemies..."

How does this compare to all the aid and assistance ("business opportunities"?) between Ford Motors, ITT, etc and the Third Reich, some brokered with the assistance of one of the Dulles brothers?

And what about the access that Hitler's "pundits" had to the Hearst newspapers?

Isn't there a law-suit going on now filed by WW II ex-GIs that were used as slave laborers in German factories, some owned by Fortune 500 kingpins?

Again, I ask...

glb