Protest against the Bombing

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Mar 25 12:20:44 PST 1999

At 01:41 PM 3/25/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu>) wrote:
>
>>In Columbus, Ohio, we had a protest against the US/NATO bombing of Serbia &
>>Kosovo today.
>
>I'm curious. I hardly ever these days play the
>apologist for US imperialism, but the attacks on Serbia
>-- regardless of true motivation! -- seem at least to
>be directed at the right target. Too often in the
>past, as Alinsky and Chomsky among others have pointed
>out, we would have almost mindlessly supported the
>status quo instead, no matter how disgusting.
>
>If we actually do think self-determination is a Good
>Idea, and if we agree that Kosovo is ethnically
>albanian, and if we agree that the Serbs are using
>their superior military strength to suppress the desire
>for self-determination ...then why would we want to
>protest the US bombing of the Serbs?

What the fuck are you talking about? What self-determination? The Kosovars are used in the same way as the Kurds were - as a human shield for the Pentagon demonstration projects.

Besides, what does "ethnically albanian" mean. US is ethnically Native American - does that mean that all the yanks should be kicked out (although bombing Washington DC does not seem as a bad idea)?

With all due respect, you have to clear your thinking of all the media-implanted liberal shit.

Best,

Wojtek