language

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Fri Mar 26 09:51:22 PST 1999

> > I think science's very claims to be able to nail down "the
> truth" are
> > ideological.
>
> I doubt it. Why do you think this?

Science inevitably butts up against limitations in human sensory apparatus and cognition overall. There is just so far we can peer out into the cosmos or down into subatomic particles, and there is just so much we can absorb about what we're seeing.

Then, there is the biggest limitation of all. Science is utterly ill-equipped to deal with existential questions. It can explain what is going on in the world around us. It can't explain why we're here.

Carl Remick