Rightwing Pro-Serb Propaganda

Sam Pawlett epawlett at uniserve.com
Sun Mar 28 08:04:24 PST 1999

Nathan Newman wrote:

> Since rightwing sites are all mirroring the anti-Albania, pro-Serb
> propaganda Yoshie has been posting, I thought people would be interested in
> this posting from the Rockford Institute - the folks who funded much of the
> racist research Charles Murray used in THE BELL CURVE. There bias for the
> Serbs is based on the Rockford Institute's anti-Islam, pro-Christianity view
> of the conflict.
>
> Aside from engaging in blatant guilt-by-association in this post, I am
> curious how Yoshie and others would analyze the fact that the racist
> rightwing in this country has almost the same anti-KLA, anti-NATO,
> anti-bombing analysis that the anti-bombing left has been promoting?

So? Anti-bombing is anti-bombing. Because the Rockford Inst. argues against bombing, bombing is right? I say good on the Rockford institute. The type of Christianity promoted by the Rockford Inst. and other American groups is probably different from the orthodox Serbian church. Sometimes right wingers hit the truth or embrace the strongest ethical position. Sometimes crackpot rightists like pat Robertson use left oriented research in their work. Robertson used Larry Shoup and Holly Sklar. Murray Rothbard and a lot of libertarians opposed the Vietnam war. Good. The more people opposing the war, the better.

The report you posted below cites Le Monde and Le Figaro, the BBC, Radio France International and Die Welt. These are fairly credible sources as far as the mass media goes. Le Monde especially has a reputation as a left wing newsheet; a genuine anti-imperialist paper that sometimes prints columns by Chomsky and Said. I know. I subscribe to it.

Sam Pawlett