Protest against the Bombing

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Mar 28 11:58:46 PST 1999

Margaret wrote:

> In my landlord's view, your mum's experience of her
> teacher was terrifyingly, heartbreakingly common -- a
> jewish friend, neighbor, teacher, doctor, shopkeeper is
> suddenly 'disappeared', and it's implicitly clear to
> all what will happen if anyone questions or even
> mentions the disappearance.

I'm not sure what relevance Margaret thinks this has to the issue of the bombing, but the issue is u.s. foreign policy and the awareness among u.s. citizens (and especially intellectuals) of the immense human suffering brought about by that policy over the last 50 years. All who read the essay by Chomsky forwarded by Gar can see that U.S. intellectuals have not the German excuse for ignorance of the ongoing holocaust the U.S. is imposing on the world's peoples.

Chomsky has again justified the remark someone made of him, that he is a national treasure -- and also once again illustrated why defenders of U.S. imperialism have such a strong stake in discrediting his work with a campaign of disinformation.

Carrol