500,000 Kosovans now refugees

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Mon Mar 29 01:28:32 PST 1999

On Sun, 28 Mar 1999, christian a. gregory wrote:

> my question, then. do we really think that the eu is so stupid as to believe
> that an air campaign could accomplish its goals? or does the u.s. have more
> to say on tactics than maybe we're allowing for?

The EU -- a.k.a. the Eurobourgeoisie -- is far from stupid. It's pretty tired of US arrogance, and it knows that the US is dependent on its capital flows. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but an air campaign makes sense if you want a subsequent ground campaign, and a ground campaign makes sense if you want to build up a big military stick with which to discipline global debtors -- including us, by the way. We *have* been getting up their nose recently, what with the banana war and all, you know.

-- Dennis