Noam Chomksy on Kosovo (FWD)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Mar 30 08:55:12 PST 1999

Max Sawicky wrote:

>the moral center of the case.

Max, I think the nub of the controversy is that other folks don't find the moral center quite as unambiguous as you do. And a lot of overheated rhetoric about saving the world, or a part of it, from some new Little Hitler doesn't help clarify the situation at all. I remember when Saddam was Hitler for a day, but it's clear the U.S. didn't want to depose him, only shorten his leash a bit. And if it took killing hundreds of thousands of Iraqis - far more than today's Hitler for a day has killed, by the way - then it's a price worth paying, as the vile Albright has said. Right?

Doug