Moral Blindness of Serb "liberals"

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Mar 30 14:09:19 PST 1999

At 09:53 PM 3/30/99 +0100, Chris Burford wrote:

>[Wojtek obligingly demonstrating further racist moral blindness]

You lost me, Chris. If I advocated bombing Kosovo into the "stone age" while advocating caution in cases like South Africa, El salvador or Indonesia - the charges of racism could have some merits, because the victims in Kosovo are mostly white whereas victims in the other mentioned countries are not. But I am advocating exactly the opposite. How can that be associated with racism is beyond me.

Moreover, I never said that Mr. Milosevic should be exonerated, if it is demonstrated in a court of law (as it has been the case of Mr. Pinichet) that he is responsible for war crimes. All I am saying that such proof has not yet been estabslished -- even though the NATO propaganda machine says that the NATO warplanes are after Mr. Milosevic rather than the people who actually die from the bombardment.

The individulalisation of the conflict "we fight Saddam or Milosevic rather than Iraqi or Serbian people" seems to be newly invented form of newspeak in the US propaganda arsenal that, again, escpaed the attention of the "critical thinkers."

Wojtek