Re. Drudge: new bomb?

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Tue Mar 30 16:04:56 PST 1999

--

/ dave /

[FWD]

>conventional weapons. "It was created in Los Alamos and is aimed to
>destroy radio electronic equipment," the TASS newswire reported in
>Tuesday flashes.
>
>The military said that the bomb generates an electric impulse similar
>to electromagnetic fluctuations caused by a nuclear explosion.

I worked with this technology, and know some of the ppl who developed it... This is the infamous "Neutron" bomb, which, rather that destroying bioorganisms (it does, but it takes a little while) is better used for electronic warfare when detonated at altitude. Big deal... : /

Same effect to a lesser extent could be had by just making a bunch of aluminum foil bombs.... that are about 1 ton each... This unit is just more useful.

The original idea was....... The EMP (electro-magnetic pulse) stimulates the human nerves so as to act as a cramp does.. Typically, all your muscles contract and twitch involuntarily, usually with a ripping of the muscles in the stomach area first, then the back muscles continue to cramp, which breaks your spine once the abdominal muscles rip away from the tendons and the spine has no counter-support. Just pick up the bodies, and occupy the territory..no prob.. BUT, it doesnt quite work that well..

Rob

[end of FWD]