NATO-contacts

Antti.rautiainen antti.rautiainen at kolumbus.fi
Wed Mar 31 14:09:00 PST 1999

Afsouth is the part of NATO being in charge of the attack. Here's contacts to their public information center:

fax: 39-081-721 2973 phone: 39-081-721 2437 or 39-081-721 2235 e-mail: afsmedia at interbusiness.it

Of course, this is just the media center, but showing our anger to them might let them know we don't believe their propaganda of "being in a peace mission". I have added my fax to them, tomorrow I'll try to find a place to send a roller of toiletpaper. I have also added a report of information sabotage done by serbians, to remind that we can't let panslavists and bolsheviks who ally with Milosevic to have a monopoly of sabotaging the NATO. I have such a puny browser that somebody else has to find other NATO adresses to jam. Write althought you don't share my opinions what to do, and feel free to write more constructive messages - I just didn't bothered to.

---------- Dear Public Information staff, please forward this to Mr. Solanas.

You hypocrite scumbags,

Now congratulate yourselves for catalyzing the biggest massacre of Balkan war this far, ethnic cleansing of Kosova from Albanians. The only chance to save what can be saved anymore, is to send surface troops in a week. If it is true what you state, that not a drop of holy western blood can be sacrified for even protecting back of Albanians when they are leaving their country, you better stop the bombings right now - after all, Milosevic has at least promised to withdraw his army from Kosova if this happens. Otherwise the whole planet will piss on you.

Antti Rautiainen Finland -----------------------------------------------------------------------

BBC Wednesday, March 31, 1999 Published at 16:02 GMT 17:02 UK

Nato's site has been the victim of cyber warfare in the past

The Website belonging to the North Atlantic alliance, Nato, which is an important source of information during the air strikes on Serbia, has been hit by what officials have described as "hacker-type computer experts in Belgrade"

The Website was down on Wednesday and Nato spokesman Jamie Shea said it had come under "ping bombardment".

This means the hackers have sent Nato's computers thousands of empty data packages over the Internet, effectively blocking access to other users.

The sabotage is also known as a Denial of Service attack - firing at will at a Website's computer servers in order to overload them and make the site crash.

Mr Shea said Nato was also receiving more than 2,000 e-mails a day from a Belgrade computer, freezing the organisation's e-mail capacities, and slowing down its systems.

Another booby trap that the hackers have reportedly used is macro-viruses.

These would be similar to the Melissa virus discovered on Friday, and rapidly replicated around the Internet.

Macro viruses reside in Microsoft programs such as Word and Excel and are carried in documents attached to e-mails. =============== B92 also hit by hackers

Users have experienced problems similar to those described by Nato officials at Belgrade's B92 radio Website.

One surfer said he had had a number of system crashes during and after spending time at the B92 site.

These were cured by deleting all temporary internet files, but the incident was swiftly followed up by the arrival of a mysterious e-mail containing a virus from 'Ali'. ================

** NOTICE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. **