Kosovo

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 31 14:38:13 PST 1999

Oh yeah...

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. wrote:

> In the meantime things just seem to be getting worse. I guess
>whoever (Max S.?) forecast that this will lead to the US electing
>"the people who know how to do imperialism right" may prove
>to be correct.

And who are they? The party that gave us WW I, WW II, and the wars in Korea & Vietnam? Not to mention the CIA, NATO, the Bretton Woods institutions, and GATT/WTO? Are they the ones who do imperialism right or wrong?

If you include the Iraqis who've died from the sanctions since January 20, 1993, I bet Clinton's now killed more people than Reagan and Bush combined. Is that doing imperialism right or wrong?

Doug