Werner H

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at tsoft.com
Sat May 1 10:02:39 PDT 1999

Naturally, I later learned that one member of the couple in question, specifically the male, was in fact Herzog himself - taking a break from his busy schedule here at the museum. I didn't even recognize him circa 1999, notwithstanding the innumerable visual impressions I've had from his documentaries and such.

/ dave /

Nice post. Very nice indeed.

Take a break from film and try a small collection of short stories called _Solitudes_, Goffredo Parise, Vintage, NY, 1985. These are very short tableaux, sets with metaphorical symmetries like the kind you just posted. And what makes them so great is you understand the metaphor and its compositional template, only after you finish reading them. They astonish you.

Chuck Grimes