Retrograde Florida

Michael Hoover hoov at freenet.tlh.fl.us
Sat May 1 10:01:15 PDT 1999

I understand that New Hampshire repealed a law prohibiting gays and

lesbians from adopting kids and serving as foster parents last week

...this leaves Florida as the only state where such adoptions are

prohibited by law...two other states - Arkansas and Utah - apparently

use state agency rules to prevent gay adoptions...

any listers know if Clinton used gubernatorial powers - (i.e., executive

order - during his tenure as Arkansas governor to rescind above rules?

(while I doubt it, I guess it is possible a successor re-established

them)...any listers have info on states that continue to set-up obstacles

irrespective of the formal legal circumstances or states that cooperate

and, perhaps, even facilitate the process? Michael Hoover