Dems

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Mon May 3 09:58:35 PDT 1999

Nathan Newman wrote:

> My question for Michael and other anti-Dems is what difference is there
> between the role of the left Dems in the US Congress versus the Communist
> Parties in France and Italy or the Greens in Germany supporting the ruling
> coalition?

None, given the current confluence of "new democracy".

At the same time, I recognize the "progressive" votes that Nathan listed. The question comes down to the old strategic consideration: do we accept a temporary "loss" today in order to strengthen the progessive forces in the long run.

__

Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University michael at ecst.csuchico.edu Chico, CA 95929 530-898-5321 fax 530-898-5901