gummo again

DANIEL.DAVIES at flemings.com DANIEL.DAVIES at flemings.com
Tue May 4 10:19:51 PDT 1999

<< Oh heavens, Kelley won't leave me alone on this one! I could swear I

remember reading once that het male taste for breast size is inversely

proportional to socioeconomic status - i.e., lower-order men like big ones,

and higher-order ones prefer smaller ones. But unfortunately I lack a

cite....

Doug >>

Apropos of which, I pass on the following Reuters story without comment. (sorry for the line breaks -- we've just changed email programs)

LONDON, May 3 (Reuters) - Britain's biggest supermarket chain has asked

growers to supply smaller melons after research showed women shoppers subconsciously compared

them to the size of their breasts, newspapers reported on Monday.

The Daily Telegraph said buyers working for Tesco <TSCO.L> were told by the retail psychologist who carried out the research that a current preference for smaller busts was the reason why traditional big, fleshy melons were remaining unsold.

"We were very surprised by the results of the market research," a Tesco spokesman was

quoted as saying by the newspaper.

"But it's certainly produced results. Since we introduced smaller melons

two months ago

we have sold more than a million."

The research showed that seven out of 10 women questioned agreed breast size was

"the most likely subconscious factor when selecting size of melon".

Monday, 3 May 1999 00:32:07 ENDS [nL0279797]

The recipient acknowledges that Flemings is unable to exercise control

over the content of information contained in transmissions made via the

Internet. Flemings hereby excludes any warranty as to the quality or

accuracy of any information contained in this message and any liability

of any kind for the information contained in it, or for its

transmission, reception, storage or use in any way whatsoever.